What would I use it for?
A virtual appointment is a good fit for low-acuity illnesses such as allergies, sinus infections, ear infections or urinary tract infections. But this is certainly not a replacement for traditional face-to-face care. Instead, it’s a complement that provides another option when you need care for a minor illness in the middle of the night, on a holiday,
or in the middle of a packed work week.
When should I use a virtual consult?
• If you are considering the ER or urgent care center for a non-emergency
• If primary care physician is not available (outside business hours, etc.)
• If you are traveling and in need of medical care
• If you need care during or after normal business hours, nights, weekends and holidays
Who are the providers?
Providers in the MDLIVE network in Virginia will be credentialed through Sentara and Optima and include physicians board-certified in Internal Medicine, Family Practice, Emergency Medicine, Pediatrics, as well as Licensed Therapists. Sentara physicians will also expand this virtual network over time as consumer interest in this convenient healthcare option continues to grow.
How do I get started?
Accessing MDLIVE is easy. All you need is a computer with an Internet connection or a telephone:
1. Go online to www.mdlive.com/sentara – or call 800-335-4836
2. Choose a one time visit for $45 or select a membership plan
3. Create an account
4. Process your payment
5. Activate your account & complete your medical history
6. Select a provider on-call or schedule a time at your convenience
To learn more, watch a video about the power of MDLIVE: