The Sentara Heart Arrhythmia Center offers an integrated program for the treatment of atrial fibrillation and other cardiac arrhythmias. The multi-disciplinary team consists of cardiac surgeons, cardiologists, program navigators, nurse practitioners and support staff, all working together in the initial evaluation, diagnosis, treatment and follow-up management of each patient.
Test to evaluate the electrical activity of the heart.
SHAC Specializes in Afib Treatments
- Comprehensive Medical Evaluation
- Anti-arrhythmia (or rate-control) Drug Management
- Ablation for Atrial Fibrillation
- Ablation for Atrial Flutter (A Flutter)
- AV node ablation and pacing
- Hybrid Totally Thorascopic Mapping and Ablation
- Cox Maze IV
Left Atrial Appendage (LAA) Treatments
- Closure of the LAA with the Watchman Device
- Exclusion of the LAA with the AtriClip Device
Other Treatments Available at SHAC
- Ablation for Supraventricular Tachycardia (SVT)
- Ablation for Wolfe-Parkinson-White (WPW)
- Ablation for Ventricular Tachycardia (VT)
- Cardiac Rhythm Devices (Pacers & AICDs)
- Cardiac Resynchronization Devices (Bi-V Pacer and AICDs)
Complex Extraction of Permanent Pacemaker or ICE leads
- Hybrid surgical and endovascular mapping and ablation for Ventricular Tachycardia
For more information and access to all animations on treatments, visit the Sentara Heart Cardiac Media Library.
To contact the Center, call (757) 388-8020 (local) or (877) 210-0793 (toll-free)