880 Kempsville Road, Suite 1200
Norfolk, VA 23502
Get Map & Directions
Phone: (757) 261-5738
Fax: (757) 962-7716
Monday - Thursday, 7a.m. - 5p.m., Friday 7a.m. - 4p.m.,
Select Saturday's 8a.m.- 12p.m.
Schedule Your Mammogram
Request a Screening Mammogram appointment online or call (757) 261-5420.
Save time on the day of your appointment. Print and complete the Mammogram Questionnaire (PDF) in advance and bring it along to your appointment.
The Sentara Leigh Comprehensive Breast Center is accredited by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers. To gain the accreditation centers must follow a multidisciplinary team approach, provide access to clinical trial information and offer new treatment options, among other requirements.
The breast center is also among an elite group designated as an American College of Radiology Breast Imaging Center of Excellence. After rigorous evaluation of staff, equipment, physician credentials, technique and image quality, the centers are now fully accredited in the three major areas of breast imaging and cancer detection, mammography, stereotactic breast biopsy and ultrasound-guided biopsy.
All Sentara breast centers are also MQSA/FDA certified.
Fellowship-trained breast radiologists
Breast imaging procedures:
– 3D Mammography (Breast Tomosynthesis)
– Digital screening and diagnostic mammography with computer-aided detection
– High-resolution breast ultrasound
– Breast MRI
Interventional and other procedures:
– Percutaneous (nonsurgical) needle breast biopsy
– Stereotactic breast biopsy
– Ultrasound-guided core breast biopsy
– MRI-guided core breast biopsy
– Ultrasound-guided fine-needle aspiration
– Needle localization
- Bone Densitometry
Patient navigator: A patient navigator serves as a resource through diagnosis and treatment for cancer patients and their families.
Mobile mammography van:
To schedule the mobile mammography van to come to your facility, call 757-261-6914. To schedule an appointment at a location scheduled near you, call 1800SENTARA or register online.
Read more about accreditations:
– National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers
– American College of Radiology Breast Imaging Center of Excellence
– MQSA/FDA certification
Read more about breast cancer care at Sentara.