880 Kempsville Road, Suite 1200
Norfolk, VA 23502
Get Map & Directions
Phone: (757) 261-5738
Fax: (757) 962-7716
Hours: Monday – Thursday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Friday, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Schedule Your Mammogram
Request an appointment online or call (757) 388-2030.
The Sentara Leigh Comprehensive Breast Center is accredited by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers. To gain the accreditation centers must follow a multidisciplinary team approach, provide access to clinical trial information and offer new treatment options, among other requirements.
The breast center is also among an elite group designated as an American College of Radiology Breast Imaging Center of Excellence. After rigorous evaluation of staff, equipment, physician credentials, technique and image quality, the centers are now fully accredited in the three major areas of breast imaging and cancer detection, mammography, stereotactic breast biopsy and ultrasound-guided biopsy.
All Sentara breast centers are also MQSA/FDA certified.
Fellowship-trained breast radiologists
Breast imaging procedures:
– Digital screening and diagnostic mammography with computer-aided detection
– High-resolution breast ultrasound
– Breast MRI
Interventional and other procedures:
– Percutaneous (nonsurgical) needle breast biopsy
– Stereotactic breast biopsy
– Ultrasound-guided core breast biopsy
– MRI-guided core breast biopsy
– Ultrasound-guided fine-needle aspiration
– Needle localization
Patient navigator: A patient navigator serves as a resource through diagnosis and treatment for cancer patients and their families.
Mobile mammography can be scheduled for businesses or indigent populations across the Hampton Roads region. Call (757) 261-6914 for more information.
Read more about accreditations:
– National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers
– American College of Radiology Breast Imaging Center of Excellence
– MQSA/FDA certification
Read more about breast cancer care at Sentara.