600 Gresham Drive
Norfolk, VA 23507 Map and directions Phone:
(757) 388-2971 Fax
: (757) 388-2795Hours:
Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Saturday, 8 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.Schedule Your Mammogram
Request an appointment online or call (757) 388-2971.
Save time on the day of your appointment. Print and complete the Mammogram Questionnaire (PDF) in advance and bring it along to your appointment.Accredited Care
The Sentara Norfolk General Comprehensive Breast Center is accredited by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers. To gain the accreditation, centers must follow a multidisciplinary team approach, provide access to clinical trial information and offer new treatment options, among other requirements.
The breast center is also among an elite group designated as an American College of Radiology Breast Imaging Center of Excellence. After rigorous evaluation of staff, equipment, physician credentials, technique and image quality, the centers are now fully accredited in the three major areas of breast imaging and cancer detection, mammography, stereotactic breast biopsy and ultrasound-guided biopsy.
All Sentara breast centers
are also MQSA/FDA certified. Services
Fellowship-trained breast radiologists Breast Imaging Procedures
– 3D Mammography (Breast Tomosynthesis)
– Digital screening and diagnostic mammography
with computer-aided detection for second-read mammograms
– Breast ultrasound
– Breast MRI Interventional Procedures
– Stereotactic needle core breast biopsy
– Ultrasound-guided core breast biopsy
– MRI-guided biopsy
– Needle localization for surgical procedures
– Ultrasound guided fine-needle aspiration ultrasound
(ductograms)Patient navigator: A patient navigator serves as a resource through diagnosis and treatment for cancer patients and their families.
Read more about accreditations:
– National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers
– American College of Radiology Breast Imaging Center of Excellence
– MQSA/FDA certification
Learn more about breast cancer care at Sentara.