The world of healthcare is changing. Not only are there fewer medical students pursing primary care as their specialty area, but the expectations of consumers about the availability and ability of their doctors to communicate and collaborate with them – and other physicians – continues to grow.
That’s why Sentara as a company is looking at how healthcare can and should be better delivered in the future. And Sentara Medical Group in particular is actively working to define the future of how physician practices and healthcare can be transformed to enhance the patient experience.
By evolving the way we give care, we’ve been able to convert most of our practices to Patient Centered Medical Homes, as defined by the NCQA. We’ve also entered the world of telehealth by partnering with MDLIVE, helping us to expand the traditional healthcare experience outside of the brick and mortar structure.
What Does This Mean To Our Patients?
- A more personalized, interactive and coordinated care experience
- Improved access to your physician and care team through same-day appointments and online tools like Sentara MyChart
- Additional support and personal resources for patients managing chronic diseases like Diabetes and CHF
- An expansion of the traditional doctor / patient relationship from an in-office interaction to an opportunity to collaborate and support before, during and after an office visit
- Access to board-certified physicians 24/7/365
The result of better aligning skills, interests, technology and resources: Superior clinical outcomes, optimized patient safety and a positive customer experience.
With a focus on quality, advanced technology and collaboration, Sentara Medical Group is setting the standard for healthcare every day.