- Sentara Hospital One of Top Regional Hospitals in Country
Sentara Virginia Beach General Hospital has been recognized as one of the top regional hospitals in the country.
- Medical Breakthrough
Do you live on the Peninsula? Find out about our medical breakthrough on your side of the water.
- VA Cardiac Surgery Initiative
An alliance of Virginia hospitals and surgical groups have formed the Virginia Cardiac Surgery Initiative (VCSI), in an effort to raise quality standards across an entire state.
- Sentara Named 6th Top Integrated Health Care Network
Sentara Healthcare has been named No. 6 in a ranking of the nation's Top 100 Integrated Healthcare Networks.
- All Sentara Hospitals in TriCare Network
More than 300,000 active duty military dependents and retirees and their dependents have access to all of Sentara's hospitals.
- All Sentara Hospitals Participate in Virginia Health Network
Residents who have their health insurance through insurers or employers that utilize the Virginia Health Network PPO (VHN) have access to all Sentara hospitals.
- Sentara Junior Giving Program Educates Students, Gives $13,000 Back to Community
- As Seen on CNN: Making National News: Sentara Healthcare To Have Nations First
- Carol of Hampton, Virginia was selected in April 2000 as the winner of a Gateway Profile computer, given away as part of the Peninsula CD ROM project.
- Sentara Norfolk General Hospital one of Nation's Top 100 Cardiovascular Hospitals
A national research firm has once again named Sentara Norfolk General Hospital one of the 100 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals in the nation.
- Sentara's Resistance Kills! Campaign shows promising results, as prescriptions for antibiotics in Hampton Roads declined 13% in five months.
- Sentara Health Foundation Awards $24,450 to Area Cities for Purchase of Public Access Defibrillators
- Optima, Sentara Health Plans Receive Highest Level Of Accreditation from NCQA for Commercial Products
- New Help for Aneurysms Offers a Quicker Fix
From the Virginian-Pilot (8/29): New medical treatments at Sentara Norfolk General Hospital much easier on patients.
- As Seen in ExploreHealth: Sentara's Clot-Busting Treatment Raises Survival Rate for Stroke
From the Virginian-Pilot (8/26):
Sentara has dramatic success with survival rates for strokes at area hospitals.
- Sentara Norfolk General First in U.S. to Participate in Kidney-Donation Network
- Sentara Announces Ambassador and Promise Employee Award Winners