Steppin’ Up! A Solefully Artistic Event
We all know someone or have heard of someone affected by breast cancer. One way we can help fight this disease is by using our creativity to support the upcoming “Steppin Up” event hosted by the Pink Passion Breast Cancer Support Group in partnership with the Louise Obici Hospital Auxiliary at Sentara Obici Hospital.
Proceeds from the event will be used to provide a variety of support to our breast cancer patients.
Here’s how you can get involved in this solefully artistic event:
• Use your creativity to design a themed shoe entry and be eligible for a cash prize. All entries must be created on or around a pair of lady’s shoes or boots.
• Shoes may be submitted from August 30th – September 30th (Monday - Friday between the hours of 9 a.m. and 3 p.m.) delivered to the Sentara Obici Hospital Front Lobby Desk at 2800 Godwin Blvd in Suffolk.
• Entries require a non-refundable $20 fee, due at the time of submission. Checks are payable to Louise Obici Auxiliary.
• Cash prizes will be awarded to category winners at the Pink Passion Fashion Show on October 14, 2011 from 5-8 p.m. at the Suffolk Cultural Arts Center in Suffolk.
It’s simple, fun and a great way to get your friends, co-workers, sisters and mothers involved in something that can make an impact in the fight against breast cancer. Use your creativity to step up for those in need to raise money to support newly diagnosed breast cancer patients.
For more information about the event, tips or suggestions, contact Pat Thornton, Breast Health Navigator at 934-4331 or Edie Fidler, Secretary, SOH Cancer Support Services at 934-4791.
Download Steppin' Up Entry Form
Guidelines for decorating shoes:
1. All entries must be created on or around a pair of lady’s shoes or boots. Any adult shoes or boots, except flip flops, are acceptable. The shoes must be adorned, partially covered or embellished by fabric, appliqués, etc. These may be attached with glue or other durable fasteners. Permanent paint is permissible. The shoes may also be part of an artwork piece where it meshes well with the theme, whether by color, texture or style.
2. Entries should be self supporting and or mounted in such a fashion to remain intact during moving and display. Dimensions of the art piece are limited to 14” wide, 14” deep and 24” high.
3. Entries must be in good taste. Sentara Obici Hospital reserves the right to refuse distasteful entries.
4. Entries must include your name tag on the underside of the art piece with contact name and the name of your entry.