It has long been recognized that "what you abuse or don't use, you lose" is applicable to your body's welfare - particularly your heart. Cardiac rehabilitation has proven over the past three decades to be successful in addressing the physical, psychological and educational components of heart disease.
Support for Patients and Families
Our highly qualified and experienced Cardiac Rehabilitation staff members are specifically trained to assist you and your family by offering:
- Dietary counseling
- Exercise counseling
- Stress reduction counseling
- Blood pressure monitoring
- Medication education
- Diabetic counseling
Our goal is to guide our cardiac patients back into a healthy productive life and this requires a commitment of yourself to yourself.
Who Can Participate?
Cardiac Rehabilitation is beneficial to patients with the following:
- Heart transplant
- Heart attack
- Coronary bypass surgery
- P.T.C.A. (balloon procedure)
- Valve surgery
- Cardiovascular disease
Ask your primary care physician, cardiologist or cardiac surgeon about participating in our Outpatient Cardiac Rehabilitation program. Our Cardiac Rehab team will work closely with your physician and upgrade activities with their approval.
Please note, our team will explain which rehabilitation services are covered by your insurance.
Cardiac Rehabilitation Benefits
- Increased ability to combat depression and anxiety
- Improved ability to cope with stress and lifestyle changes
- Decreased fear of sexual relations
- Increased awareness of your body and confidence in resulting activities
Patient and Family
- Improved quality of life
- Improved efficiency of heart and lungs
- Increased work capacity
- Decreased body fat and weight
- Decreased resting and exercise blood pressure
- Improved cholesterol and triglyceride levels
- Learning to exercise safely and enjoy healthier eating and proper nutrition
- Learning about medications
- Assisting in smoking cessation
- Networking with local support groups
What To Expect
Our specially trained cardiac staff will monitor your heart rhythm and blood pressure during exercise. In group settings or one-to-one, patients are encouraged to share how dealing with challenges of every day living affects their lifestyle.
Our staff will guide your activities from inpatient to home to outpatient status and back to work, including normal activities.They will help you build an agreeable and beneficial exercise and diet routine into your lifestyle. Our outpatient program consists of up to 36 visits, 3 times a week. Upon completion, your physician(s) will receive your final progress report.