Identification and Management of Bariatric Surgical Patients
Free CME. Earn up to 4 hours AMA PRA Category 1 Credit.
Saturday, February 23, 2013, 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. at Stonewall Golf Club, 15601 Turtle Point Drive, in Gainesville.
With America’s obesity epidemic, it is imperative for healthcare providers to adequately assess patients for the appropriateness of bariatric surgery. At this free CME event, experts will discuss:
- Medical management of obese patients and when to refer to a bariatric surgeon
- Bariatric surgery options including RNY, gastric banding and sleeve gastrectomy
- The overall economic impact of obesity including the healthcare cost savings achieved with bariatric surgery
- The long term benefits, side effects and complications of surgery
- Effective medical and surgical management of post-bariatric surgery patients utilizing a collaborative, multi-disciplinary team approach
This CME is relevant to primary care, surgical specialists, cardiology, gastroenterology, Ob/Gyn and endocrinology.
There is no charge to attend but registration is requested. Register online or call 1-800-SENTARA by Tuesday, February 19.
Sentara Northern Virginia Medical Center is accredited by the Medical Society of Virginia (MSV) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. This activity is approved for a maximum of 4 hours AMA PRA Category 1 Credit TM Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.