Review the steps below. Contact customer service
if you have any questions.Step 1
The patient receives services at one of Sentara's hospitals.
- Sentara CarePlex Hospital
- Sentara Leigh Hospital
- Sentara Obici Hospital
- Sentara Norfolk General Hospital
- Sentara Princess Anne Hospital
- Sentara Virginia Beach General Hospital
- Sentara Williamsburg Regional Medical CenterStep 2
The patient receives an initial statement in the mail that includes visit specific information (see below).
- Charges for treatment and/or testing (itemized statement available upon request)
- Insurance information, if applicable
- A contact number for the hospital
- Dates of treatment Step 3
Sentara Hospitals’ Patient Accounting Department begins the billing and collection processes based on insurance information provided at the time of registration. Step 4
If the account balance is not resolved in a timely manner by any insurance company (third party payer), the patient may be billed. Step 5
Patients may receive collection notices or statements from Sentara Hospitals’ internal and external collection sources. If a patient requires financial assistance, there are Financial Assistance Programs available for those who meet eligibility requirements.
- Accounts Management Department
- Sentara Collections Additional information to assist you with your bills:
How can I pay my bill? Where can I pay my bill? What if I cannot pay my bill? Examples of bills / statements