Life has many losses. Grief and mourning are your personal feelings and expressions dealing with death. The Sentara Hospice Program offers a safe place to mourn, free-of-charge, 24-hours a day. You're invited to join our online grief support group where you can share experiences with others who can relate. You may also benefit from guidance offered by professional staff members of the hospice team during scheduled times. Wherever you are...
Whether on vacation, on break at the office, or at home, you can express your feelings 24-hours a day. It's Your Choice...
The online support group provides an opportunity to chat with other participants, professional staff members, or the Group Moderator during scheduled times. Confidentiality...
The online grief support group offers more anonymity than usual, allowing you to share your experiences with more peace. How to Join
To join the Sentara Online Grief Support Group, please read these Terms and Conditions,
then click on Join the Sentara Online Grief Support Group
.By joining the Sentara Online Grief Support Group, you accept the above Terms and Conditions of use. Please note: You must create a Yahoo! ID if you do not have one already. Sentara employees must use a non-Sentara email address as messages will not be received at a Sentara email address. Terms & Conditions
By using this email list, you signify your assent to these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions of use, do not use the Online Grief Support Group.
The Sentara Hospice Program Online Grief Support Group email list and its members are not engaged in the practice of medicine or therapy. Any information and advice on the email list is given on a generalized, generic basis, and is not specific to any individual patient's or bereaved’s condition. Use of this Online Grief Support Group email list may be helpful in making sure you are informed about grief and health care issues. However, online grief services, health services and health information content cannot replace a health professional/counselor-bereaved/patient relationship, and you should always consult with a professional for diagnosis and treatment of your specific grief issues or health problems. You should not disregard any advice or treatment from such professionals based on your interpretation of what you may read on this email list.
If you think you may have a medical, psychosocial or spiritual emergency, call your doctor or counselor or 911 immediately.
This email list may contain grief, health or medical-related information that is anatomically, psycho-socially or spiritually explicit in nature regarding the treatment of your general health and/or possible complications of grief. If you find these materials offensive, you may not want to use our email list. This email list follows all www.sentara.com Terms and Conditions and Sentara's Privacy Statement in addition to the Terms and Conditions stated here. User Submissions
All users of the Sentara Hospice Program’s Online Grief Support Group email list agree not to upload or transmit any communications or content of any type to the email list that infringe or violate any rights of any party. When submitting communications or content, you agree that such submission is non-confidential for all purposes. You grant -- or warrant that the owner of such content has expressly granted Sentara Healthcare and all subsidiaries a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, world-wide non exclusive license to use, reproduce, create derivative works from, modify, publish, edit, translate, distribute, perform and display the communication or content in any media or medium, or any form, format, or forum now known or hereafter developed. Use of the Email List
If you use this email list, you are solely responsible for your own communications, the consequences of posting those communications, and your reliance on any communications found on the email list. Sentara Healthcare and all its subsidiaries are not responsible for the consequences of any communications on this email list. If there is a case where you feel there may be a violation of the Terms and Conditions of the list, please report it to the Community Moderator immediately.
You agree not to use this email list for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by this agreement. Sentara Healthcare reserves the right to deny access to any part of this email list at its sole discretion. You are personally responsible for the material you send to the email list. In being allowed to use this email list, you agree that the following actions shall be regarded as a breach of the Terms and Conditions for use of the list, and as a result you will be unsubscribed immediately:
1. Using the email list for any purpose in violation of local, state, national, or international laws;
2. Posting material that infringes on the intellectual property rights of others or on the privacy or publicity rights of others;
3. Posting material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful, vulgar, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable or embarrassing to any other person or entity as determined by Sentara Healthcare in its sole discretion;
4. Posting advertisements or solicitations of business, goods or services;
5. After receiving a warning, continuing to disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, or postings comments that are not related to the topic being discussed;
6. Posting chain letters or pyramid schemes, promotional material, "junk mail," or any other form of solicitation (posting the same note more than once can be considered "spam");
7. Impersonating another person;
8. Distributing viruses or other harmful computer code, including files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
9. Harvesting or otherwise collecting information about others, including email addresses, without their consent;
10. Allowing any other person or entity to use your identification for posting or viewing comments;
11. Engaging in any conduct that restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the email list, or which, in the judgment of Sentara Healthcare, exposes Sentara Healthcare or any of its customers or suppliers to any liability or detriment of any type.
In addition, you agree that Sentara Healthcare may terminate your use of this email list for any reason, including, without limitation, for lack of use or if Sentara Healthcare believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the spirit of this user agreement. You agree that any termination of your access may be effected without prior notice. You agree that Sentara Healthcare shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination of your access to the Service. General Practices Regarding Use and Storage
Users acknowledge that Sentara Healthcare may establish general practices and limits concerning usage of this email list, including without limitation the maximum number of days that mail messages or other uploaded content is retained. The maximum number of emails that can be sent or received by an account, the maximum disk space allotted on a server for email list archives or other storage. Sentara Healthcare has the right to change these general practices at any time with or without notice. Sentara's Liability
You understand and agree that because the Sentara Hospice Program’s Online Grief Support Group service is available free of charge to you, Sentara will not be liable to you for any damages you may incur resulting from your use of the email list or any other websites or information whose links are on this email list. Your use of the email list and third party information is solely at your own risk. Modification of the Service
Sentara Healthcare reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Online Grief Support Group with or without notice. You agree that Sentara Healthcare shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension, or discontinuance of the Service. Community Moderators
Sentara's Online Grief Support Group Email list is maintained by "Community Moderators." These moderators are responsible for maintaining an open forum for discussion, free of abuse such as "spam," "flaming" and other inappropriate behavior. In addition, these Community Moderators may remove duplicate postings and other violations of the Terms and Conditions. They may also post information about upcoming support group meetings, community events or other appropriate information.
Our Community Moderators are here to make sure the Online Grief Support Group functions as a true community - you may contact the Community Moderator at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns regarding our support group. Our Community Moderators and other members of the group are not permitted to advise, diagnose, provide crisis intervention, or otherwise treat users of this email list. Community Moderators will not refer users to specific health care or grief counseling providers, nor will they specify medical or therapeutic treatment. Community Moderators do not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, counselors, services, products, procedures, opinions, or other information. None of the content on this email list should be considered medical, psychosocial or spiritual diagnosis or treatment. Sentara Hospice Program’s Online Grief Support Group Email List Policies:
This Online Grief Support Group email list is designed to feature opportunities for meaningful interaction where users can share their knowledge, experiences, and other helpful information. Our Community Moderator welcomes you and look forward to making this a safe and welcoming place. By taking part in this email list, you agree to following certain guidelines. The Terms and Conditions contain details of the proper use of this list. In addition, the following advice will make your time on this email list more productive:
* Our email list is moderated seven days a week by our Community Moderators. We try to remove duplicate postings or other messages that are in violation of our Terms and Conditions. We also post relevant content to this email list on occasion. You can direct any questions about this email list to our Community Moderator. The Community Moderator's email address is email@example.com
* We will look into complaints we receive about use of the email list. Please remember that you are responsible for your use of this list, as spelled out clearly in our Terms and Conditions. We will follow up with individuals regarding any posts that violate our Terms and Conditions. Do not take it upon yourself to publicly "punish" or "ban" a user from this list. Please refer all such issues to the Community Moderator for resolution.
* We understand that health, psychosocial or spiritual information will be shared on this email list - but do not consider information here to be for diagnosis or treatment. As spelled out in our Terms and Conditions, this board is not meant to replace your physician's or counselor’s advice. Any information and advice on the email list is given on a generalized, generic basis, and is not specific to any individual patient's or bereaved’s condition.
* Do not share private information such as your phone number, mailing address or other contact information on this email list. It's important to be careful and cautious with this type of information. If you make friends with someone from this email list, you may want to exchange information off-list, but do not do so to the entire list.
* Welcome new members to the community the same way you'd want to be welcomed to a new neighborhood. More members means more points of views and opportunities to grow and learn.
* Stay calm when there's a disagreement. You won't always agree with the opinions expressed as part of our email support group, but you should not attack another list member. We must agree to disagree sometimes in order to keep this list growing and healthy. If a disagreement becomes inappropriate for the list, a Community Moderator will ask you to take the discussion "off list" - which means you may email one another privately, but not to everyone on the list. If these rules are violated, you may be unsubscribed from this list.
* Please refrain from using profanity or expressions of obscenity, sexism, racism, and other types of prejudices. While these types of postings will most likely be removed from the email list, we sometimes can't get to them immediately. You may receive a warning about such posts, or you may be unsubscribed.
* When you feel comfortable, introduce yourself to the group. When entering a cybercommunity, it is a good idea to give those around you a little information about yourself, just as you might if you were at a face-to-face support group meeting. If you're more comfortable observing, you can also "lurk" as long as you'd like. Sometimes it's helpful to get a feel for a community before you jump in.
* Do not type with all caps. Using all capital letters online is equivalent to screaming at the top of your lungs to the person standing next to you. It is difficult to read and can be considered rude.
* The email support list is a place to meet people like yourself and not the opportunity to solicit for a product, service or anything else. Read our Terms and Conditions carefully for more information.
* If you have questions or concerns about the use of this email list, please contact your Community Moderator at firstname.lastname@example.org Join the Sentara Online Grief Support Group