Dana Weston Graves
Dana Weston Graves is the President of Sentara Princess Anne Hospital in Virginia Beach, Virginia. Sentara Princess Anne Hospital is a 174-bed acute care hospital that serves Southern Virginia Beach, as well as the neighboring Chesapeake and northeastern North Carolina communities. Sentara Princess Anne Hospital achieved Magnet® recognition, the nation's highest honor for excellence in nursing, is home to Virginia's only Ornish Lifestyle Medicine Program, recognized by U.S. News & World Report for high-performing programs in Orthopedics and Nephrology and a high-volume Family Maternity Center with Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). Combined with more than 100 physicians and services offered in the multiple campus medical office buildings, Sentara Princess Anne Hospital is a comprehensive healthcare destination for the community. Graves assumed her current position in October 2020.
Prior to her role at Sentara, Graves spent a combined five years as president & CEO of UNC Rockingham Health Care in Eden, North Carolina, the former Morehead Memorial Hospital, where she led the community hospital through a successful partner search and integration into the UNC health system. Graves' professional background also includes consulting, strategic planning, policy advocacy, and public speaking.
Current Professional Affiliations
- American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) (Fellow and Member)
- National Association of Health Services Executives (NAHSE) (Co-Chair, National Educational Conference and Member)
Previous Professional Affiliations
- Foundation for Health Leadership & Innovation (Board Member)
- Mary Institute and St. Louis Country Day School (Board of Visitors)
- United Way of Rockingham County (Former President, Board Member)
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (Chapel Hill, NC) – M.H.A.
- Emory University (Atlanta, GA) – B.S.