David J. Masterson
David J. Masterson is the president of Sentara Williamsburg Regional Medical Center, a 145-bed acute care hospital serving the greater Williamsburg area. Masterson joined Sentara on November 4, 2013, and brings more than 25 years of experience to his new role.
Prior to joining Sentara, Masterson was the chief executive officer for Sampson Regional Medical Center in Clinton, NC. During his tenure, Masterson opened four practice offices and purchased one urgent care/occupational medicine center. He also implemented a fast-track emergency service and related services to improve patient satisfaction scores and transformed performance improvement using lean methodology. As a patient advocate, Masterson prides himself on positive working relations with the medical and hospital staff.
Previous Professional Affiliations
- American College of Healthcare Executives (Fellow)
- North Carolina Hospital Association (Board of Directors)
- Coastal Connect, Health Information Exchange (Board of Directors)
- Partnerships for Children, Smart Start (Board of Directors)
- Perinatal Committee for the SC Hospital Association (Chair)
- Virginia Commonwealth University (Richmond, VA) – M.S. in Health Administration
- Old Dominion University (Norfolk, VA) – B.S. in Business Administration
Masterson grew up in Hampton Roads, Virginia, and is excited to call Williamsburg home. Outside the office, Masterson enjoys exercising five days a week and working outdoors as much as possible.
More About Sentara Williamsburg Regional Medical Center
The medical center opened on its current campus in 2006 and has served the community for more than 50 years. Sentara Williamsburg provides a breadth of services to include emergency medicine, general medical and surgical care, advanced imaging services complete with CT Angiography, maternity and pediatric services, the Sentara OrthoJoint Center, inpatient rehabilitation, and a state-of-the-art intensive care unit.