Kirkpatrick Kapua Conley
Kirkpatrick "Kapua" Conley, MHA, FACHE, is a Regional President for Sentara responsible for the system’s Peninsula hospitals, which include Sentara CarePlex Hospital and Sentara Williamsburg Regional Medical Center. Both hospitals received an “A” by the Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade in 2021 and both hospitals are Magnet hospitals, credentialed by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, and only 5% of Hospitals in the country have achieved this level of nursing excellence. Conley also has system oversight for Sentara’s physical security departments and workplace violence prevention programs.
Conley is also the President of Sentara CarePlex Hospital, a 244-bed hospital in Hampton, Va. Since arriving to Sentara CarePlex in April 2018, the hospital has been nationally recognized by Healthgrades, receiving both “America’s 250 Best Hospitals” and “Patient Safety Excellence” awards for 2019, 2020 and 2021.
Prior to joining Sentara, he was the Chief Operations Officer of Tri City Medical Center in San Diego, CA. Prior to joining Tri City Medical Center, Kapua served as the CEO for two different Community Health Systems affiliated hospitals, and with University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, as the Administrator for a large and comprehensive Multidisciplinary Ambulatory Cancer Center, where he also previously served as the Administrative Fellow.
Current Professional Affiliations
- American College of Healthcare Executives (Fellow)
- LEAD Peninsula graduate (2019)
- CIVIC Leadership Institute (2021)
- Academies of Hampton.
- YMCA of Virginia Peninsula (Campaign Board Member)
- United Way of Virginia Peninsula (Board Member)
- A.B. Freeman Business School of Tulane University - Bachelor of Science
- Tulane School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine - Master of Health Administration