Melinda S. Hancock, CPA, FHFMA is Executive Vice President and Chief Transformation Officer for Sentara Health. She oversees several Sentara teams, including Strategy, Growth, Transformation, Integration and Project Management.
Hancock joined Sentara in August 2021 as Senior Vice President and Chief Administrative Officer. Before joining Sentara, Hancock was the Chief Administrative Officer and Chief Financial Officer at VCU Health System, where she made significant contributions to advance the infrastructure of the health system that includes programs and models that improve the patient experience and the health of vulnerable populations. Prior to her time at VCU Health, Hancock was a partner with Dixon Hughes Goodman, LLP (DHG) where she helped lead the payment model team to develop products related to the transformation of volume-based reimbursement to value-based reimbursement. Before joining DHG, Hancock was the Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer for the Virginia market of Bon Secours Health System. Hancock's career prior to Bon Secours included eight years at Culpeper Regional Hospital and experience as a healthcare consultant and auditor with Ernst & Young and Deloitte.
Current Professional Affiliations
- Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA) - Fellow
- Certified Public Accountant, Virginia
- Virginia Center for Health Innovation - Board Member and Vice Chair
- American Hospital Association - Regional Policy Board Member
- Virginia Health Information - Board Member
- Virginia Premier - Board Member
- University of Phoenix - MBA in Healthcare Administration
- College of William & Mary - BS in Business Administration, Accounting