Robert A. Broermann is Executive Vice President and the Chief Financial Officer of Sentara. Appointed to the position in 2001, Mr. Broermann is responsible for all aspects of the organization's financial management. His staff includes the financial personnel of all 12 Sentara operating divisions in addition to all centralized finance employees including the Revenue Cycle and Treasury functions. In 2006, Mr. Broermann was awarded "CFO of the Year" by Virginia Business.
Mr. Broermann joined Sentara in 1998 through the merger with Tidewater Health Care, where he served as the Chief Financial Officer since 1993. Prior to that, he was a Senior Audit Manager with Coopers & Lybrand.
Current Professional Affiliations
- Healthcare Financial Management Association (Fellow)
- Virginia Beach Education Foundation (Treasurer)
Previous Professional Affiliations
- United Way of South Hampton Roads (Chairman of the Board)
- United Way Regional Campaign Committee (Chair)
- Old Dominion University (Norfolk, Va.) - MBA
- Old Dominion University (Norfolk, Va.) - BS in Accounting