The Department of Pharmacy at Sentara Martha Jefferson Hospital offers an ASHP-Accredited PGY1 Pharmacy Residency. This 12-month program provides the necessary opportunities for highly motivated pharmacists to achieve their professional goals.
The Sentara Martha Jefferson residency experience is designed to provide the resident with the knowledge, abilities, experience, attitude, and critical thinking skills necessary to become a leader in integrated health system pharmacy practice. Rotations are designed to enhance the expertise of the resident in the application and management of drug therapy in a variety of patient care areas; in the provision of drug information services; and in practice management as it relates to the overall direction and integration of pharmacy services. The program is sufficiently flexible to allow the resident to develop skills in many areas based on individual need and preference.
- Program established in 2007
- 96% of our residents have graduated our program
- 30% of our graduates have gone on to complete an ASHP-Accredited PGY2 Residency Program
- 39% of our graduates have gone on to hospital employment in the Charlottesville area, with 78% of these residency graduates staying at Sentara Martha Jefferson Hospital immediately after graduation
- 64% of our preceptors are board certified (78% BCPS, 11% BCCCP, 11% BCOP)
Margaret N. Taylor, Pharm.D., BCPS
PGY1 Residency Program Director
Department of Pharmacy
Sentara Martha Jefferson Hospital
500 Martha Jefferson Drive
Charlottesville, Virginia 22911