At Sentara Northern Virginia Medical Center, we're devoted to our patients and community. Over the years, there have been countless changes and significant growth, but our commitment to care, and to the community we serve, remains as strong as ever.
Your tax-deductible donation supports Sentara programs, medical services, education, and community health initiatives, such as the following:
- The Family Health Connections mobile van provides free and sliding scale healthcare to working families earning 200 percent below the federal poverty line, who couldn't otherwise receive care.
- The Cancer Program Fund assists patients who are in need of medications and supplies not covered by insurance. Cancer screenings, education pamphlets, books and support group meetings are also funded with these generous contributions.
- Mental illness services have shown significant gaps in service in the community. Your contribution will assist Sentara Northern Virginia Medical Center in providing the needed tools to help address emergent and severe psychological illness.
- Community programs, such as preventative health education and our Chaplain’s Closet, help to provide members of our community with health information and resources they need.
- The digital mobile mammography van travels to community sites throughout Northern Virginia, making appointments fast and convenient for women. In the Prince William County area, there is a lack of early detection and treatment of breast cancer, particularly for low-income women, leading to a high rate of deaths from breast cancer. The van helps increase access to annual screenings which improves early detection and treatment.
Thank you for your ongoing trust, confidence and partnership. We look forward to working together to create a healthier, stronger community and improve health every day.