Sentara Healthcare has a mission of improving health every day. This is accomplished, in part, through our partnerships with dozens of nonprofit groups. Sentara teams up with these organizations to fund numerous programs throughout our region. In an effort to improve community health, Sentara assists in fundraising efforts and supports education and prevention activities as well as other important initiatives.
Guidelines for Sponsorship:
- Sponsorships should help to improve the health status of the community.
- The Sentara Foundation – Hampton Roads typically does not support the following: league sports, golf tournaments, galas, alcohol, tobacco and/or gambling-themed events and fundraisers, fees for individuals to attend conferences, individuals, including patient assistance funds, individual scholarships, individual school events and school fundraisers, arts programs and performances without specific connection to health improvement initiatives, non-volunteer public service organizations (police, fire, rescue), political programs or events, activities that exclusively benefit the members of sectarian or religious organizations, local fundraisers to benefit third-party campaigns and charities (does not apply to national organizations with branches/offices that work directly with the local communities), organizations that discriminate by race, color, creed, gender or national origin, biomedical or clinical research, direct support to endowments, funding that supplants existing sources of support, capital fund drives, Sentara programs, services outside the greater Hampton Roads, Virginia area (funding requests will be considered only for nonprofits providing service and education to the Hampton Roads community.)
- Following each Sentara Sponsorship Review Committee meeting, organization contacts are notified via email as to whether or not their request was approved for funding and at what level. Sponsorship payments will be processed immediately following the meeting, and checks will be mailed out directly from the Sentara Accounts Payable department.
- Requests that are not in compliance with sponsorship guidelines will not be reviewed by the committee and the organization contact will be notified via email of this decision upon receipt of the application. Organizations with requests that fall within the guidelines of the Sentara Recognition Grants program will be encouraged to apply for a grant through the Sentara Foundation – Hampton Roads.
- Please note that funding for your organization may not be granted every year due to the Foundation’s limited sponsorship resources and the extensive number of requests received.
The Sentara Health Foundation Sponsorship Review Committee meets quarterly to review applications which meet the criteria for funding consideration. Decisions will be communicated within 30 days of the application deadline.
- For events in January – March, the application deadline is November 15
- For events in April – June, the application deadline is March 1
- For events in July – September, the application deadline is June 1
- For events October – December, the application deadline is September 1
If you have any questions regarding sponsorship, please call 757-455-7976.