Sentara Healthcare has a mission of improving health every day. This is accomplished, in part, through our partnerships with dozens of nonprofit groups. Sentara teams up with these organizations to support numerous events throughout our region. In an effort to improve community health, Sentara assists in fundraising efforts and supports education and prevention activities as well as other important initiatives.
Guidelines for Sponsorship:
- Event theme and purpose must align with Sentara mission and core values of promoting health and wellness and addressing social determinants of health.
- Sponsorship applicants must be 501c3 organizations and provide most recent IRS 990 Form upon request, exclusions apply**
- Only one application per organization will be reviewed each calendar year. If your organization receives a grant or sponsorship from Sentara or Optima, it is not eligible for a sponsorship award from any location (including hospitals) in the same calendar year. Benefit a 501c3 organization that promotes medical, physical, mental and emotional health, or safety and wellness
- Promote community cohesiveness, cultural enrichment or cultural diversity
- Demonstrate collaboration and coordination with other community organizations
- Provide intervention for social determinants of health
- Please note that Sentara Healthcare will not sponsor individuals, tournaments, organizations already supported by our employee giving, political and labor organizations, little leagues, sports teams or booster clubs, alcohol, tobacco or gambling-themed events.
- Prior sponsorship awards do not indicate a guarantee for future funding.
- Applications must be submitted at least 60 days in advance of the event.
- We will process the applications within 15 business days.
- Approvals will be communicated via email.
If you have any questions regarding sponsorship, please call 757-455-7976757-455-7976.