Sentara Healthcare has a mission of improving health every day. This is accomplished, in part, through our partnerships with dozens of nonprofit groups. Sentara teams up with these organizations to fund numerous programs throughout our region. In an effort to improve community health, Sentara assists in fundraising efforts and supports education and prevention activities as well as other important initiatives.
Guidelines for Sponsorship:
- Sponsorships should help to improve the health status of the community.
- Only one application per organization will be reviewed each calendar year.
- If your organization receives a grant from the Sentara Foundation, it is not eligible for a sponsorship award in the same calendar year.
- The Sentara Foundation – Hampton Roads typically does not support the following: league sports; golf tournaments; galas; alcohol, tobacco and/or gambling-themed events and fundraisers; fees for individuals to attend conferences; individuals, including patient assistance funds; individual scholarships; individual school events and school fundraisers; arts programs and performances without specific connection to health improvement initiatives; non-volunteer public service organizations (police, fire, rescue); political programs or events; activities that exclusively benefit the members of sectarian or religious organizations; local fundraisers to benefit third-party campaigns and charities (does not apply to national organizations with branches/offices that work directly with the local communities); organizations that discriminate by race, color, creed, gender or national origin; biomedical or clinical research; direct support to endowments; funding that supplants existing sources of support; capital fund drives; Sentara programs; and services outside the greater Hampton Roads, Virginia area. (Funding requests will be considered only for nonprofits providing service and education to the Hampton Roads community.)
- Applicants will be informed of the funding decision within three weeks of the posted application deadline.
- Applications which do not meet Sentara Foundation funding guidelines will be rejected via email notification.
- Prior sponsorship awards do not indicate a guarantee for future funding.
The Sentara Foundation's Sponsorship Review Committee meets quarterly to review applications which meet the criteria for funding consideration. Decisions will be communicated within 45 days of the application deadline.
- For events in January – March, the application deadline is November 15
- For events in April – June, the application deadline is February 15
- For events in July – September, the application deadline is May 15
- For events October – December, the application deadline is August 15
If you have any questions regarding sponsorship, please call 757-455-7976.