Sentara RMH Medical Center Named the 9th Best Hospital in Virginia By U.S. News and World Report
Sentara RMH Medical Center (SRMH) has been named the 9th Best Hospital in Virginia in the 2021 edition of the U.S. News & World Report top hospitals.
"SRMH's rise to one of the top 10 best hospitals in Virginia this year is a testament to our longstanding commitment to improving health every day," said Doug Moyer, President of Sentara RMH. "The steadfast work of every member of our team, aiming to provide consistent, high-quality healthcare for our community, showcases the ongoing dedication of everyone at the hospital, and this honor highlights these efforts."
In addition to its state ranking, SRMH is also recognized as High Performing in its Pulmonology and Lung Surgery specialty.
"Earning this honor takes tremendous commitment by the entire SRMH team," Sentara Corporate Vice President of the Blue Ridge, Paul Gaden said. "We value the trust of our patients and families in our community and will continue our commitment to being the healthcare choice of the community we serve."
What does it mean to be defined as a 2021-22 Best Regional Hospital?
U.S. News & World Report defines a Best Regional Hospital as a hospital that offers a full range of services (as opposed to a specialty hospital) and is evaluated based on a number of criteria, including the American Hospital Association annual survey, Medicare administrative claims and Hospital Compare, publicly available clinical registries, and external designations.
The U.S. News & World Report Methodology documentation states that the purpose of this report is to provide a decision tool that helps the public identify hospitals that best meet their needs.
Seven Sentara hospitals recognized for state, regional, and high-performing rankings
Seven Sentara hospitals made the 2021 "Best Hospitals" list, highlighting the health system's quality and consistency. Sentara's hospital achievements include:
- Sentara RMH Medical Center (SRMH) ranks No. 9 in Virginia and is recognized as High Performing in Pulmonology & Lung Surgery.
- Sentara Martha Jefferson Hospital (SMJH) is tied for No. 10 in Virginia and is recognized as High Performing in Neurology & Neurosurgery.
- Sentara Norfolk General Hospital (SNGH) ranks No. 1 in Hampton Roads and is tied for No. 3 in Virginia. SNGH has a nationally ranked Urology program and high-performing rankings in Geriatrics and Pulmonology & Lung Surgery.
- Sentara Leigh Hospital (SLH) ranks No. 2 in Hampton Roads and tied for No. 13 in Virginia. SLH is recognized as High Performing in Orthopedics.
- Sentara Princess Anne Hospital (SPAH) ranks No. 3 in Hampton Roads and tied for No. 16 in Virginia. SPAH is also recognized as High Performing in Orthopedics.
- Sentara Williamsburg Regional Medical Center (SWRMC) is recognized as High Performing in Gastroenterology & GI Surgery and Orthopedics.
- Sentara Obici Hospital (SOH) is recognized as High Performing in Orthopedics.
By: Alyssa Pacheco