Dr. Steve Julian
Dr. Steve Julian is the President for Sentara Obici Hospital, (a 175-bed facility), Sentara BelleHarbour Ambulatory campus and St. Luke’s Ambulatory campus within the Sentara Healthcare system. Dr. Julian has been at Sentara Obici Hospital since September 2008. During his tenure, the Epic electronic medical record system was installed, the facility has been recognized by the Leapfrog Group with a “Top Hospital – A Rating” every year, and the institution has achieved Magnet Nursing status designation, a distinction that only 9 percent of hospitals in the world have achieved.
Prior to his current role, Dr. Julian was the Vice President of Medical Affairs at Sentara Obici Hospital, responsible for overseeing patient safety and clinical quality.
Dr. Julian served as Chief of Staff at Peninsula Regional Medical Center in Salisbury, Maryland and as a partner for over 17 years in CV Surgical Associates, a cardiothoracic and vascular surgical practice serving that institution.
Current Professional Affiliations
- Obici Healthcare Foundation Board (Ex-Officio Member)
- Rotary International (Member)
- American College of Surgeons (Board Certification)
- American College of Thoracic Surgeons (Board Certification
- Added Qualifications in Surgical Critical Care (Board Certification)
- American Association for Physician Leadership (Member)
- American College of Healthcare Executives (Member)
- University of Massachusetts Amherst (Amherst, MA) – MBA
- American Association for Physician Leadership – Certified Physician Executive (CPE)
- Wake Forest University Medical Center (Winston-Salem, NC) – Post Doctoral Residency
- Medical College of Virginia (Richmond, VA) – M.D.
- Virginia Tech (Blacksburg, VA) – BS, Biology