Dorothy Satterfield, RN
Dorothy Satterfield became interested in pursuing a career in nursing when she was still a teenager at her mother’s suggestion. She followed that advice and graduated from the Memorial Hospital School of Professional Nursing in 1985.
Dorothy worked as a staff and charge nurse in our ICU/CCU for 11 years. She also served as interim nurse manager for ICU/CCU for several months before leaving her full-time staff position on ICU/CCU to work part-time in the newly opened Cardio-pulmonary Rehab Center at Sentara Halifax Regional Hospital.
She continued in ICU/CCU part time until 2002 when she became the nurse manager for the cardio-pulmonary rehab center. In 2006, Dorothy began to manage the respiratory therapy department concurrently with her other management responsibilities in CP Rehab. She continued to manage both departments and lead the ACLS program until 2013 when she gave up her management position to focus more on direct patient care and growing the CP Rehab program.
- Virginia Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Training Center Faculty for AHA for advanced cardiac life support
Clinical Areas of Interest or Specialty
- Cardiac and Pulmonary primary and secondary wellness
- Nursing Diploma, Danville Memorial School of Professional Nursing
Certifications, Awards and Distinctions
- CLS instructor/ Training Center faculty
- BLS Instructor
- County Chamber of Commerce Leadership Program graduate
- Project Lead graduate (hospital-based leadership program)