Optima Health celebrates quality ratings
The results are in from our country’s leaders in health care quality improvement – the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) – and Virginia-based Optima Health has achieved high ratings across the board for its Medicare, Marketplace and Commercial plans, as follows:
- Medicare Advantage Prescription Drug plans - 4.5 out of 5 CMS Star Rating1
- Marketplace HMO health plans - 4 out of 5 CMS Star Rating
- Commercial HMO/POS health plans - 4 out of 5 NCQA rating2
For 18 consecutive years, Optima Health has also achieved NCQA accreditation for its commercial HMO/POS health plans and Medicaid HMO product; and since 2013, for its Marketplace HMO health plans3.
1. Optima Medicare is an HMO with a Medicare contract. Enrollment in Optima Medicare HMO is dependent upon contract renewal. Medicare evaluates plans based on a 5-Star Rating system. Star Ratings are calculated each year and may change from one year to the next.
2. (NCQA) Private Health Insurance Plan Ratings 2016-2017 http://healthinsuranceratings.ncqa.org/2016/search/Commercial/VA).
3. NCQA Accreditation Letters, 1998-2016.