Smoking is the leading cause of preventable illness and death in the United States. When you stop using tobacco, you lengthen your life. It is always the right time to stop.
Ready to Quit?
Tobacco Cessation Toolkit
The contents of this toolkit can assist you with stopping tobacco use. These PDF files can be downloaded by clicking on the links below and can be used as a resource to stop using tobacco products.
- Tobacco Cessation Resource Guide
- Tobacco Cessation Tips
- Tobacco Cessation Action Plan
- 20 Minutes After Quitting Tobacco
Get Off Your Butt: Stay Smokeless For Life
Optima Health provides "Get Off Your Butt: Stay Smokeless For Life", a free program designed for first-time quitters or those who have attempted to quit using tobacco products. Participants learn about the nature of nicotine addiction and effective ways to control the dependency/addiction through the audio portion and booklet below:
- Listen to the audio portion of the Tobacco Cessation at-home program
- Download the Tobacco Cessation booklet
- Download VAPING: The Truth about Electronic Cigarettes brochure
This information is intended for individuals who are 18 years and older only and those living in the Sentara/Optima Health service areas.