Sentara Kitty Hawk
On October 2, 2017, Sentara Albemarle Medical Center, together with Pasquotank County and the Albemarle Health Authority Board, made the difficult decision to close some of the healthcare services offered by Sentara at Sentara Kitty Hawk. Thus, Sentara will no longer provide the following healthcare services at Sentara Kitty Hawk beginning December 15, 2017:
- Sentara Urgent Care
- Sentara owned medical practices including:
- Sentara Family Medicine Physicians
- Sentara Orthopedic and Sports Medicine Specialists
- Sentara OB/GYN Specialists
- Sentara Surgery Specialists
- Advanced Imaging Center, Outpatient Laboratory and Sentara Ambulatory Surgery Center
Sentara Kitty Hawk has undergone several building repairs in recent years for the highly specialized services provided. However, despite these repairs, the issues remain ongoing for Surgery and Imaging. Recently, Sentara contracted with third party evaluators to review HVAC, air quality and the building structure, which identified multiple major repairs that would be required to meet operational healthcare standards.
Sentara remains committed to providing quality healthcare in northeastern North Carolina and the following providers and services will transition to new locations:
- Dr. Kerry Partis will transition to Sentara Family & Internal Medicine Physicians located at 446 Caratoke Highway in Moyock on December 19th. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Partis please call 252-435-1275.
- Margaret Dawson, NP will transition to Sentara Family Medicine Physicians located at 100 Medical Drive in Elizabeth City on January 2nd. To schedule an appointment with Margaret Dawson, call 252-384-2600.
- Leslie DeLigio, NP will transition to Sentara Family & Internal Medicine Physicians located at 1507 North Road Street, Suite 2 in Elizabeth City on January 3rd. To schedule an appointment with Leslie DeLigio, call 252-337-9190.
- Sentara Therapy Center will move from the Sentara Kitty Hawk complex to 5136 North Croatan Highway in Kitty Hawk. To schedule an appointment at Sentara Therapy Center, call 252-384-4466.
Additionally, the Outer Banks community will also be able to access care services at the following practices:
- Sentara Family & Internal Medicine Physicians practice at 446 Caratoke Highway, Moyock, North Carolina
- Sentara Cardiology Specialists at 5136 North Croatan Highway, Kitty Hawk, North Carolina.
Sentara Albemarle Medical Center in Elizabeth City continues to recruit new providers to the region and offer expanding healthcare services. These new services include EPIC electronic health records technology, a new Wound Care center offering hyperbaric oxygen therapy, inpatient neurological care, and new orthopedic services.
Residents on the Outer Banks will continue to have access, as they do today, to specialized services such as cardiology, neurological care, and cancer care offered through other Sentara facilities. For emergency services, Sentara remains ready to provide access through Sentara Nightingale air ambulance and inter-hospital ground transport.
Should you choose not to continue your care with Sentara through services offered in the Elizabeth City community or elsewhere, we will make a concerted effort to work with other local Outer Banks providers and communicate options for patients to continue receiving care locally.
If you need access to your medical records, please visit our medical records page. You may also access your medical records information on Sentara MyChart. Patients can access this information by visiting www.sentara.com/mychart.
Please note, the Sentara Kitty Hawk building will continue to provide leased space to Non-Sentara medical practices after December 15th, 2017.