For cancers of the female reproductive system, it takes advanced care practiced in a highly individualized, compassionate way. As part of our nationally accredited Sentara Cancer Network, and the Sentara Women’s Health Center at Sentara Virginia Beach General Hospital, this regional program reflects the level of advanced treatment and care in our community for comprehensive gynecologic cancers.
Why Choose Sentara?
- Highly-experienced gynecologic oncologists who perform surgery, and provide ongoing medical oncology care and treatment
- Cutting edge technology, minimally invasive techniques and access to progressive treatment options
- Multidisciplinary care team with specialized focus on women’s health
- Dedicated nurse navigator and support services for ongoing care coordination and health education
- Dedicated oncology unit and certified oncology nurses
- Sentara Virginia Beach General Hospital has been recognized as a Center of Excellence in Robotic Surgery and Minimally-Invasive Gynecology by the Surgical Review Corporation
- Elevating care and advancing treatments through clinical trials and research for potential new cancer therapies