There are many things to consider when having a baby, and Sentara is here to help provide you with all of the necessary resources, information and guidance you need. Please see the links below to find information during each phase of your pregnancy and birth.
- Find an obstetrician or healthcare provider.
- Research maternity centers. Take a tour of our maternity centers and read why thousands of new moms choose us every year.
- Learn about how to maintain a healthy pregnancy.
- Register for prenatal, childbirth and breastfeeding classes.
- Talk to your spouse or significant other about breastfeeding, bottle-feeding, circumcision and birth control.
- Find a pediatrician for your baby.
- Fill out registration paperwork at the hospital.
- Pack your hospital bag (see our guidelines).
- Get an NHTSA-approved car seat and practice installing it and taking it out of your car. Know how to use it!
Your hospital stay