Why Choose Sentara
We at Sentara understand that this is your pregnancy, and your experience. We are truly honored to be a part of this special time. Our caring and dedicated medical team works with you to develop a specialized birthing plan, designed to meet the unique needs of you and your baby.
And when you choose a Sentara Obstetrician, they will partner with you throughout your pregnancy and during your delivery.
What We Offer:
- Highly-skilled, board-certified obstetricians
- Comprehensive breastfeeding education and support of a lactation specialist
- Proven quality of care and only medically necessary interventions during labor and delivery
- A team of board-certified pediatricians to care for your baby while you are in the hospital
As a Sentara patient, you have a streamlined connection to advanced levels of maternal care should the need arise:
- A 48-bed Special Care Nursery equipped with state-of-the-art medical technology and staffed around the clock by board-certified neonatologists (specialists in newborn care) to care for our sickest babies at Sentara Norfolk General Hospital.
- Sentara Norfolk General Hospital also offers a perinatal intensive care unit for high-risk patients and complicated births.
- Multi-disciplinary approach to high-risk pregnancy care through partnerships with Eastern Virginia Medical School and Children’s Hospital of the King’s Daughters. These affiliations facilitate convenient, accessible, high-quality care.
- The Maternal-Fetal Medicine Division at EVMS offers several specialist programs for high-risk pregnancy management.
- The Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) at Children’s Hospital of the King’s Daughters is only down the hall from delivery rooms at SNGH, allowing convenient access to their neonatal intensive care unit.