What to Bring
When you are admitted to the hospital for surgery or other treatment please follow these guidelines on what to bring and what not to bring with you, for your safety and comfort.
- Items that make you feel more comfortable, including pajamas, slippers, bathrobe, pillow, toiletries and books.
- Insurance card(s)
- Picture ID
- Prescription medications in their prescription bottles.
- A list of all over-the-counter drugs, including herbs and vitamins.
- Dentures, denture cups, eyeglasses, hearing aids, and carrying cases.
During your hospitalization, please keep these items in their proper containers. The hospital cannot assume responsibility for items left on food trays.
What Not to Bring
- Credit cards or large sums of money
- Other valuables
Most Sentara hospitals provide complimentary hair dryers. While patients are welcome to bring other personal electrical devices (laptop computer, fan, radio and cell phone charger), for safety reasons, we ask that a nurse be notified before use.