Guidelines for Community Benefits Programs
Sentara Martha Jefferson Hospital follows "The Guidelines for Community Benefit Programs" provided by Catholic Health Association of the United States and VHA, Inc.'s "Guide for Planning and Reporting Community Benefit." Those guidelines are listed below.
If you have a suggestion on how Sentara Martha Jefferson Hospital can support the community either individually or in partnership with another organization, please contact the Community Outreach Office at 434-654-5251434-654-5251 or submit your suggestion online.
- Must provide treatment and/or promote health and healing as a response to identified community needs. See recent Charlottesville/Albemarle community health assessment by visiting the Community Health link on the Thomas Jefferson Health District's website at www.vdh.state.va.us/LHD/thomasjefferson/data.htm
- Must not be provided for marketing purposes and must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Generates a low or negative margin.
- Responds to the needs of special populations such as minorities, older persons and persons living in poverty with disabilities, chronically mentally ill persons and other disenfranchised persons.
- Supply services or programs that would likely be discontinued or would need to be provided by another not-for-profit or government provider if the decision were made on a purely financial basis.
- Responds to public health needs.