Apple Oatmeal Bars
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup uncooked rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons soft butter-oil blend
- ½ cup natural applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chunky applesauce
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, stir together the flours, oats, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- In large bowl, beat together granulated sugar and butter-oil blend with electric mixer at medium speed until blended. Whisk in ½ cup applesauce, egg and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture to applesauce mixture; stir until blended. Spoon half of batter into pan, spreading evenly.
- In small bowl stir together chunky applesauce, raisins, brown sugar and cinnamon. Pour evenly over batter.
- Spoon remaining batter over filling, spread out evenly.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire rack 15 minutes. Cut into 16 bars.
Makes 16 servings.