Balsamic Glazed Green Beans
- 1 lb. green beans, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup sliced shallots or chopped sweet onion
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Simmer beans in water in large saucepan until tender, 6-8 minutes. Drain in colander and rinse with cold water.
- In same saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add bell pepper and shallots. Cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Return beans to saucepan. Add pepper and stir until heated through. Remove from heat. Stir in vinegar. Makes 8 servings.