BBQ Chicken with Corn Bread Topper
- 1½ lbs. diced, cooked boneless chicken breasts and thighs
- 1 (15-ounce) red beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- ½ cup BBQ sauce
- 1 (6-ounce) package corn bread mix, plus ingredients to prepare mix
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat an 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In the baking dish, stir together chicken, beans, bell pepper, tomato sauce and BBQ sauce. Loosely cover with plastic wrap. Microwave on medium-high heat for 8 minutes or until heated through. Stir halfway through.
- Meanwhile, corn bread mix according to package directions. Spoon batter over chicken mixture.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center of corn bread layer comes out clean.
Makes 8 servings.