Black Bean Brownies
- ½ (15-ounce) can black beans
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Drain and rinse the black beans.
- In food processor, combine the oil and beans and pulse until smooth. Add eggs, cocoa powder, sugar and vanilla. Puree until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Line a 9x9-inch baking pan with foil.
- In medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Add black bean mixture to the flour and mix until combined. Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared baking dish and bake 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let cool before cutting into squares.