3 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
¼ cup water
1 lb. fresh (or partially thawed frozen) blueberries
1 medium pear, peeled, halved, cored and diced
1 tablespoon lemon zest
- ¾ cup white wheat flour
- 2½ tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking power
- ½ cup fat-free buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat an 11x7-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In saucepan whisk together sugar, cornstarch and water. Stir until cornstarch is completely dissolved, then stir in berries and pears. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and boil 1 full minute. Remove from heat and stir in 1 tablespoon zest. Place fruit mixture in baking pan.
- In medium bowl whisk together flour, 2 tablespoons sugar and baking powder. In small bowl whisk together buttermilk, canola oil, egg white and remaining 1 teaspoon zest. Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture and stir until just blended.
- Spoon batter into 8 small mounds on top of filling. Mix remaining sugar with cinnamon and sprinkle on top of cobbler. Bake 20-25 minutes or until filling is bubbly and a wooden pick inserted into the topping comes out clean. Let stand 20 minutes to absorb flavors. Makes 8 servings.