- 1 cup all-purpose flour or white wheat flour
- 1 cup uncooked old-fashioned oats
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 8 ounces or 1 cup lemon-flavored yogurt
- 2 eggs white or 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat a 12-inch muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl stir together the flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and ½ teaspoon cinnamon.
- In a bowl stir together the yogurt, egg, oil, lemon peel and vanilla. Pour into the flour mixture and stir just until blended. Gently stir in the blueberries
- Spoon muffin batter evenly into the muffin cups.
- In small bowl stir together granulated sugar and remaining cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly over the tops of each muffin.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned and wooden pick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool slightly before serving.
Makes 12 muffins.