Braised Kale and Cabbage
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon imitation bacon bits or crumbled bacon
- 1 tablespoon coarse-grain mustard
- 3 cups fresh kale, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup coarsely chopped green cabbage
- 2 tablespoons fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- In medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat, swirling to coat the bottom. Cook onion, bacon bits, and mustard for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in kale and cabbage. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until wilted, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in broth, mustard and pepper. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 10-15 minutes, or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
Makes 2 servings.