Broccoli, White Bean and Bulgur Gratin
- 2/3 cup uncooked bulgur
- 4 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 (15-ounce) can Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup no-salt-added vegetable broth
- ¾ cup shredded 2% mozzarella cheese
- Place bulgur in large bowl; add enough boiling water to cover by 1inch. Let stand 25 minutes or until bulgur is tender and water is absorbed.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 2-quart casserole with cooking spray.
- Steam broccoli in steamer basket over boiling water 4 minutes or until tender.
- Combine soaked bulgur, broccoli, beans, oil, thyme, salt and pepper in prepared casserole. Smooth into an even layer. Pour broth over mixture; sprinkle evenly with cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Makes 4 servings.