Broccoli and Bean Dip
- 2-3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper flakes
- 2½ cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup canned cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon green onion, minced
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Steam broccoli florets in microwave until very tender, about 2 minutes. Rinse with cold water to stop cooking; drain. Transfer to blender or food processor.
- Add beans, lemon juice, green onion, garlic and oil. Puree until smooth. Season with pepper and additional red pepper flakes, if needed. Serve with assorted raw veggies.
Makes 1½ cups.