Broiled Eggplant Salad
June 06, 2017
By: Rita P. Smith, MS, RD, CDE, Sentara Martha Jefferson Hospital
- 1 medium eggplant, sliced into circles
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped scallions
- Finely chopped fresh dill
- Turn oven broiler to high. Arrange the eggplant slices on baking sheet. Place under broiler for 3 to 8 minutes.Flip the eggplant halfway through the cooking process, slightly charring both sides.
- Remove eggplant slices from pan and cut into bite-size pieces.
- In medium bowl mix together the tahini, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Add the eggplant pieces and stir.
- Top with scallions and dill.