- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup white-wheat flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- ½ cup egg substitute or 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Coat a 9-inch nonstick spring form pan with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl whisk together flours, cocoa powder, baking powder, 1 tablespoon coffee granules and salt.
- Combine sugar, canola oil, egg substitute and vanilla in another medium bowl; mix well. Add sugar mixture to flour mixture and stir until just blended. Batter will be very thick. Spoon batter into bottom of pan; spread evenly by coating back of spoon with cooking spray. Bake for 11 minutes or until slightly puffy. The brownie will continue to cook while sitting at room temperature.
- Place pan on wire rack and let cool for 5 minutes. Remove sides of pan and gently remove from and place on serving plate.
- Serve with whipped cream that has been flavored with a few teaspoons coffee. Sprinkle with berries. Makes 8 servings.