- ½ cup boiling water
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- ½ cup chopped unsalted nuts
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 13x9 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine boiling water and cocoa. Mix until completely dissolved.
- Add in flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, eggs, oil and vanilla; mix well. Fold in chopped nuts, if desired.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. Bake 25 minutes or until brownies spring back when lightly touched. Do not overbake.
- Cool in pan on wire rack; cut into squares. Sprinkle with lightly powdered sugar.
Makes 32 brownies.