Brussels Sprouts with Lemon Crumbs
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 2 teaspoons butter or no-trans-fat margarine
- ¼ cup soft whole-grain bread crumbs, toasted
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peep
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Steam Brussels sprouts in steamer basket over boiling water for 7 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, melt butter/margarine in small skillet over medium heat. Add bread crumbs and lemon peel; mix to combine.
- Heat large skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray. Add Brussels sprouts; sprinkle with sugar, salt and pepper. Cook; turning Brussels sprouts as they brown, 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Transfer to serving plates; sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Makes 4 servings.