Butternut Squash Soup
- 2 teaspoons olive oi1
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 medium red pepper, chopped
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen pureed butternut squash, thawed
- 1 (10½ -ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- ¼ ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- ½ cup fat-free half-and-half cream
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and bell pepper; cook 5 minute, stirring occasionally.
- Add squash, broth, nutmeg and white pepper; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer about 15 minutes or until vegetables are very tender.
- Puree soup with hand-held immersion blender or transfer to food processor, blending in batches. Return blended soup to saucepan. Stir in half-and-half; heat through. Add additional cream if necessary to thin soup to desired consistency.