Butternut Squash with Apples and Cranberries (Less salt)
- 2 teaspoons butter-oil blend
- 3 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup water or apple cider
- 1 cup cubed peeled Granny Smith apple
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- Melt butter blend in large skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray over medium heat. Add squash; mix lightly to coat with butter blend.
- Add brown sugar, cinnamon and pepper; mix together. Add water or cider; cover, bring to a simmer. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add apple and cranberries; mix to combine. Cover and simmer 10 minutes or until squash is tender.
- Add walnuts; mix gently. Makes 4 servings.