Carrot Cake Pancakes
- 1 cup buttermilk pancake mix
- 2/3 cup low fat milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup finely shredded carrots
- ½ cup finely chopped walnuts
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup, divided
- Vegetable cooking spray
- ½ cup fat-free Greek plain or vanilla yogurt
- In mixing bowl stir together pancake mix, milk, oil and egg. Stir in carrots, walnuts, cinnamon and 1 tablespoon maple syrup. Gently mix to combine; lumps are okay.
- Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium. Add batter, ¼ cup at a time for each pancake. Cook 1-2 minutes, until edges begin to set and bubbles start to form. Turn pancakes over and cook another 1-2 minutes until bottoms are golden brown. Repeat with remaining batter.
- While pancakes are cooking, in a small bowl, combine Greek yogurt and remaining syrup.
- To serve, place a dollop of yogurt onto each pancake. Drizzle with additional syrup if desired.