Citrus Spinach Salad with Mustard Vinaigrette Dressing
April 10, 2018
By: Rita P. Smith, MS, RD, CDE, Sentara Martha Jefferson Hospital
- 4 cups ready-to-eat baby spinach
- 2 slices red onion, separated into rings
- 2 tablespoons mustard vinaigrette dressing (recipe below)
- 3 cups fresh navel orange segments or mandarin oranges
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup rice or apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup thinly sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Dressing: Place all ingredients in blender and process until smooth. Scrape sides with spatula. Refrigerate covered until serving time. Alternately, combine ingredients in Mason jar with lid. Shake well.
- Place spinach in large bowl. Add onion rings and orange sections. Toss with dressing to coat.