- ½ cup cornmeal
- ¼ cup crushed pecans
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons minced onion
- ½ teaspoon black peppers
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons regular or low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon canola or grapeseed oil
- 1 lb catfish fillets
- In a small bowl mix together cornmeal, pecans, paprika, garlic powder, onion, pepper and salt.
- Heat medium nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Pour in cornmeal mixture. Cook and stir about 3 minutes or until cornmeal begins to brown Transfer to shallow bowl; set aside.
- In small bowl mix together mayonnaise and preserves. Brush on both sides of catfish fillets. Dredge fillets in toasted cornmeal mixture.
- Coat medium skillet with nonstick cooking spray and then heat the canola oil. Swirl pan to coat. Place skillet on medium-high heat. Add fillets. Cook until browned; turn. Cook until browned and cooked through.