Crunchy Snack Mix
- 4 cups bran Chex cereal
- 2 cups unsalted twisty whole-grain pretzels
- ½ cup unsalted pumpkin or sunflower seeds (or other nuts)
- 1½ teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro or parsley
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Coat a large non-stick baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In large bowl stir together cereal, pretzels and pumpkin seeds.
- In small bowl combine the chili powder, cilantro or parsley, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Whisk together egg white, oil and lime juice in separate bowl. Pour over cereal mixture. Toss to coat. Add seasoning mixture; stir to coat evenly.
- Transfer snack mix to baking sheet. Bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes; cool. Store in airtight container.
Makes 12 servings.