Dilled Salmon Salad with Lemon-Buttermilk Dressing
- ¾ cup low-fat buttermilk
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (7½-ounce) can salmon, drained or ½ lb. cooked salmon, flaked
- 1 lb. small red skin potatoes, diced and steamed
- 1 large zucchini, quartered lengthwise, sliced and steamed for 3 minutes
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh dill
- 2 bunches arugula, trimmed
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 12 Kalamata olives
- Dressing: In large bowl whisk together buttermilk, scallion, lemon zest and juice, mustard and pepper.
- Flake salmon in the same bowl. Add potatoes, zucchini, onion and dill; toss until well mixed.
- Divide arugula evenly between 4 plates. Top evenly with salmon salad. Place one-fourth of tomato wedges and 3 olives on each plate.
Makes 4 servings.